Friday, October 20, 2006

Losing weight



I saw an article in BB on 18th Oct. I don't have the article with me at the moment. It was about this weight loss clinic which has just opened with some of the latest technologies which will help it's customers lose weight. It even showed a picture of a slim young lady and claimed that a customer even lost 10.5kg. I had to laugh when I read all the fancy words they used to explain what the treatment is and it's effects on the body. Seems like it came out from star trek. I am no mocking the technology, as with all new treatments, we must have the scientific evidence to prove it, and this was too unbelievable.

This is another gimmick in a long line of weight loss fancy gimmicks in Brunei. Still remember the fat loss spray? And recenly the gadgets from Osim? Bussiness in the weight loss industry in Brunei must be big bucks. First of allm there are a lot of overweight people in Brunei because of our diet and lifestyle. Secondly there is pressure from many sources to keep ourselves thin including health reasons and appearance sake.

I will not say that these weight clinics are scams. Some of them will give results. But, most will only give short term results. Main reason for failure is that there is usually no change in lifestyle and diet.

As I said before, our diet and lifestyle is the major reason for so many Bruneians to be overweight or even obese. In general, our diet is full of fried food, oily stir-frys or excessively sweet food and beverage. Our lifestyle is also quite sedentary. We drive everywhere, try to park as close as possible to our destination, we don't use stairs as often as we should and our lives are so busy nowadays that there is no time for exercise. No point in blaming your genes, because they only play a small role. This is just touching the surface of the problem and I hope some readers will see this in their lives and try to change.

Ever since coming back from overseas, my weight kept increasing, and my clothes became smaller and smaller. I only started to really change my eating habits and lifestyle recently and alhamdulillah my weight is moving in the right direction. No fancy stomach trimmer gadget or saddles. And no gimmicks like Atkins or fancy creams and treatments. Honestly... It's all proper diet and exercise and it works!!

Therefore in order to lose excessive weight or maintain your weight is to change your lifestyle and diet. I will try to share some of the changes I have made and feel free to leave your comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you have some nice information about cold sore treatment and Cold Sore Remedies. But I thought your visitors might be want to learn how to treat cold sores the easy way with Cold Sore Remedies.

Anonymous said...

if you have an iPod nano you could use the Nike+ addon to get you motivated to do exercise.

http://goldcoaster.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

[url=http://goldcoaster.wordpress.com] - Goldcoaster[/url]