Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Visit to gerai ramadhan

I went to visit gerai ramadhan yesterday. Just thought I'd see what's on offer as I have not been there for some time. From previous years, the crowd tends to diminish towards the end of ramadhan but today it seems to be as crowded as it has been over the past 3 weeks. I think that is good for our stall owners as this is one constructive way to boost one's income.

The food was about the same though - fried everything, oily mee goreng, sweet kuehs. I did my mandatory round of the stalls and found out that there are more rolls and cakes on sale. All sorts of shapes, sizes and colors are offered as well as creative names for each one. Didn't buy any though. There were also biscuits on sale.

The juvenile me wanted to get some fireworks... but managed to remember cuboiart's cartoon - check it out on this link. We're basically burning money heh heh but I think for parents with small children, it would be one of those things that you have to get. I remembered my childhood years when we would look for illegally smuggled firecrackers sold by some brave souls. Aaahhh those were the days.

So what did I get in the end? Some grilled chicken and pulut panggang.

1 comment:

DocMamau said...

Reading ur blog... I take back my words... I dont think i know who u r! hehe